In addition to the weekly PTO newsletter, which will be sent out every Sunday morning throughout the school year, another great way to stay informed is to sign up for Prospect Text Remind alerts. Simply text @prospto to 81010 to receive reminder texts about school-wide events such as Hot Lunch, non-attendance days, registration deadlines, etc.
Teacher’s Favorite Things
With the holidays approaching you may be looking for a special treat or gift for our wonderful Prospect staff. Our Teacher Appreciation Committee has taken out all the guesswork and compiled a list of the staff’s favorite things to help you in your holiday shopping.
Note from the Principal: Winter MAP Schedule
This is a reminder that the winter MAP assessment will be administered to our first through fifth grade students beginning the week of December 3, 2018. Our building schedule is below. Please make every effort to avoid appointments or other absences during these dates, so that we can prevent having students miss instructional minutes during make-up sessions.
- December 11th 9:00 a.m. 4th Grade Math
- December 11th 9:45 a.m. 5th Grade Math
- December 11th 12:30 p.m. 1st Grade Math
- December 12th 9:00 a.m. 4th Grade Reading
- December 12th 9:45 a.m. 5th Grade Reading
- December 12th 12:30 p.m. 2nd Grade Math
- December 13th 9:45 a.m. 1st Grade Reading
- December 14th 8:45 a.m. 2nd Grade Reading
Attention Holiday Pianists
We are lucky to have many talented young pianists at Prospect School! On Wednesday, Dec. 19 our piano will be in the main hallway before school to welcome students, staff, and teachers as they arrive. If your child is currently playing a holiday piece and would like to perform at that time, please fill out the online form by Tuesday, Dec. 11 to secure a performance slot for your child. Students who sign up should feel comfortable playing their piece accurately by themselves. Performers are more than welcome to bring their music with them to read. If you have any questions, please e-mail Mrs. Kozakis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please Participate in Our School Survey
Thank you to all who have completed the CSCI survey. Currently, 16% of the Prospect Families have taken the survey. If you haven’t already, please click the link and take a few minutes to provide your feedback about our school climate. This feedback helps us to foster positive youth development, build community and school pride, celebrate strengths, and identify needs. The results will be available in early 2019 and are often reported on by local media. Your participation is critical to our success!
4th Grade Service Project
Our fourth grade students traditionally participate in an optional service project each year. Every year we collect and donate toys to a children’s hospital in the area. Please see this form for more details and what items are needed for the project. These items will be organized into baskets which will be donated to the children who are recovering from surgeries and other various illnesses. We will be collecting the items now through December 20th.
Events of the Week
Monday, December 10th:
- Language Labs, Mandarin, 11:25-12:15, Room 102
- Language Labs, French, 11:25-12:15, Innovation Lab
- Board of Ed Meeting, 7-10pm, District Office
Tuesday, December 11:
- Band Practice, 7:45 – 8:30 am, MPR
- Battle of the Books, 3:10-4:00 pm, MRC
- Ecopanthers, 3:05-4:05, Room 201
Wednesday, December 12:
- Hot Lunch
- William Penn School Visit
- No Girls Inspiration Club Meeting
- No Student Leadership this month
Thursday, December 13:
- Orchestra, 7:45-8:30 am, MPR
- GeoBee Club – 11:25-12:15, Room 121
- Chess Club – 4:30-5:30, MRC
Friday, December 14th:
- Language Labs, Spanish (Grades K-1), 11:25 – 12:15, Rm 102
- Language Labs, Spanish (Grades 2-4), 11:25 – 12:15, Innovation Lab
- Spirit Day! Wear your red and white to show school spirit.
- December 21st – Holiday Classroom Party, 2-3 pm (room parents only)
- December 24 – January 4, Winter Break, NO SCHOOL
- January 21- NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King Day
- January 23 -Junior Great Books Begins (2nd & 3rd grade -lunchtime)
- January 27th – 5th Grade Winter Party, Oak Brook Park District, 6-8 p.m.