Health & Public Safety
- Fever-free (less than 100 degrees ) for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication such as ibuprofen or Tylenol
- Free of vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours and the child is able to hold down fluids and food
- Home for 24 hours after treatment begins for strep throat
- On medication for pink eye for at least 24 hours or a physician approves re-admission to school
- Does your child have influenza-like illness (ILI) defined as a fever (100 degrees F orgreater) and a cough and/or a sore throat in the absence of a known cause other than influenza?
- If your child does not have influenza-like symptoms, please communicate symptoms that your child is experiencing. This communication helps us to track clusters of Illness.
Please visit http://www.d181.org (see Parents—> Health and Nutrition) for additional information from the DuPage County Health Department regarding influenza.