The purpose of the Future Projects Committee is to recommend for PTO approval the annual PTO gifts to Prospect School.
- Gifts are purchased from available funds raised by the PTO over and above its annual operating budget.
- Projects, initiatives, and items can be requested to the Committee by Prospect parents, teachers, staff, and administration using the Request for Funding Form.
- Requests are evaluated and prioritized by the Committee with input from the Prospect principal and teachers.
- Funding requests are evaluated by the Committee to establish fundraising goals and subsequent available funds.
- Evaluation is based on a number of criteria as established in the Future Projects Committee Overview.
Examples of Future Projects Initiatives Recently Support by Prospect PTO
- Non-fiction guided reading books for kindergarten
- Fiction and non-fiction books for K-2 classroom libraries to meet students’ needs for independent reading choices
- Accelerated Reader subscription for use on 3rd and 4th grade iPads, for tracking independent and leveled reading
- Panther mascot costume
- Nurses Recovery Couches
- Music Curriculum Support: ukuleles, electronic piano, portable piano, xylophones
- Playground Bench
- PE curriculum support: treadmills, mini trampolines, new backboards on blacktop, new soccer goal nets, tchoukball sets
- MRC science books
- MRC STEAM cart kits
- 150 iPad Minis for 3rd and 4th graders, including covers, accessories, apps and teacher training
- Climbing wall math discovery plates and climbing wall adaptive hand & foot holds for PE
- 2 canopies for shade/shelter for outdoor school events
- 6 Cast-iron urns for outdoor plantings
- Gaga Pit (in partnership with D181 Foundation)