Mark your calendars now to join us for the 2021 Spooky Dash ‘n Bash on Friday, October 29th from 3-5pm! The Dash ‘n Bash is Prospect’s family social event of the school year and our premier fundraising event. Due to lack of fundraising in 2020, we are hoping this will be our strongest year yet! 100% of fundraising proceeds will go to the school to fund educational tools as well as PTO clubs and events for students throughout the year.
Logistics and Timing:
Teachers will lead students from their class Halloween parties to drop their school bags and extra costume items at the MPR (organized by classroom and watched over by a volunteer). Then students will be led over to the Prospect Park tennis court start area.
– K – 2 at 2:45pm
– Grades 3 – 5 at 3:00pm
Each class will then run the Prospect path starting with Kindergarten, finishing on the path near the school. Post-run, students can then meet their family and head directly over to the Bash. (Kindergartners must be signed-out by a parent or guardian with their classroom race volunteer.)
– Students can pick up their items at MPR when departing Bash
– Bash ends at 5:00pm
The Bash will include lots of seasonal fun for the whole family, including:
– Donated snacks and drinks
– Outdoor tent for shelter
– Pumpkin painting craft
– Huge obstacle course slide
– Rock climbing wall
– Haunted house maze
– Bouncy pumpkin houses
– Carnival games
– Petting zoo
– PONY RIDES
– Pie throwing for top fundraisers! (More info below)
Registration and Fundraising:
Registration for the Dash is $30 per Prospect student which includes:
– Spooky Dash ‘n Bash T-shirt
– Locker magnet
– Entry to the Bash for the whole family
Registration opens on 9/27 — those registered by 10/4 will be guaranteed their choice of t-shirt size.
The Student fundraising goal is $100 per student. All donations are tax deductible and 100% of the proceeds from this fundraiser will got to Prospect Elementary!
– All students who meet the fundraising goal will be awarded 1 raffle ticket and another ticket for each $50 raised beyond the goal
– Top 10 overall fundraisers will choose from prizes sequentially. After that we will draw from the raffle for all remaining prizes (there will be at least 20 awesome prizes and experiences for kids to choose from!)
– Top fundraising classrooms from each grade will win gift certificates to The Daily Scoop (TBD).
– Top classroom from the whole school will receive an extra recess.
– NEW THIS YEAR – the top 2 fundraisers from each grade win the opportunity to throw a PIE in the face of Mrs. Cummings or another staff member (staff members TBD).
Pie throwing will be done at 4:30pm at the Bash for all to see!
**Pledge donations must be received by midnight CST the night before the Dash to count toward individual or classroom prizes
We are always looking for family or business sponsorships to support our school! If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a Spooky Dash ‘n Bash sponsor or donating a student award or experience, there is still time! Please contact Sandy Marek at [email protected]
to learn about the amazing sponsorship options.