We worked together and made it through an unconventional school year! Despite all the changes this year, our amazing organization was able to support our students, teachers and parents in so many ways. A few favorite highlights of the year include:
- Prospect students learned to code during our very first virtual Hour of Code classes.
- Students engaged in interactive STEM and Science experiments with the Yuck Show Assembly and Dupage Children’s Museum.
- We hosted a virtual spelling bee!
- Prospect families and students got an opportunity to learn about another culture by participating in cooking classes featuring cuisine from around the globe.
- Our Prospect community had a shared experience around literacy (times 3!) with One Book One School and author visits.
- We recently purchased over 225 new titles for the Prospect library specifically focusing and celebrating Diversity. We can’t wait for the students to get their hands on the many books that highlight diverse authors, characters and plots!
We are beyond grateful for the parent and teacher/staff community. Look at what we accomplished together!
It was an honor to be a part of it all. We wish the entire Prospect community a wonderful summer.
Puja Patel and Gretchen Kotleba
2020/2021 Prospect PTO Co-Presidents