I hope you do plenty of reading this summer! Here are some things you may want to know.
Clarendon Hills Public Library:
- Curbside Pickup: CHPL will begin curbside pickup on Monday, June 1st. Patrons will be able to place holds on CHPL items through the SWAN Online Catalog (preferred method), by phone (630)323-8188, or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Summer Reading: “Once Upon a Time” in Clarendon Hills there was a Summer Reading Challenge. Keep track of the number of days you spend reading between June 8 – August 1 and you will be entered into a raffle for prizes in August. Watch the library’s website for more info on how to sign up for this new virtual program!
- Programs: See this Summer Reading Club flyer for some of the virtual programs CHPL is offering!
Prospect’s Online Bookfair will continue all summer long!
Please SHOP a wide variety of books from Anderson’s Bookfair Company to support Prospect School! When you check out, make sure to put Prospect and Clarendon Hills in the School Name and School City fields. Books can be delivered to your home address OR you can pick up the books curbside at any of the Anderson’s Bookshops.
Need Reading Suggestions?
- Take a look at the 2021 Nominees for the Monarch Award (K-3), Bluestem Award (3-5), and Rebecca Caudill Award (5-8), or the 2021 Battle of the Books list (4-5)!
- Looking for more suggestions of new novels to read? Check out this list of suggested books for 4th and 5th graders!
- Find other book lists from CHPL here!
And finally, Axis360 ebooks and audiobooks will be available all summer long, as well as Tumblebooks and the rest of the online resources!